Thursday, March 20, 2008

Big Waves here on the north side of St. Thomas





Well that storm that came through Atlanta and the east coast a few days ago reached all the way down here with huge seas. We have 15 to 20 waves breaking on the rocks below us. We are about 150 feet up the cliff and the spray is reaching all the way up to the house. Pretty crazy. We haven't been in this house for a direct hit of a hurricane and even though it would be pretty dramatic, I'm not hoping to see it any time soon.

My running has suffered these last few weeks but I think my body needed the break. Lots of family and friends have been in town so I have tons of excuses. I also accidentally kicked a rock last week and cut a toe on my left foot. Not bad but couldn't run on it till today. I have the "All Terrain 10K" coming up a week from Sunday. (March 30). Should be a fun run out on the east end by the National Parks dock.

My parents are also coming in soon. (April 3rd) It'll be nice since they haven't been down in over 2 years.

No comments: