Saturday, June 6, 2009

Victoria got a call from Spencer!

(Victoria posting ...) To my surprise, I got a phone call from Spencer this morning around 8:45AM.  It's unbelievable that a boat in the middle of the ocean can make phone calls at the mere cost of $1.50 per minute!  We had a nice 10 minute chat.  

He was calling to say that the Irishman email is down for some reason ... They are working on it, but not certain how quickly it will be fixed.  Dave McDermott had just emailed me to say that the emails were bouncing, and I was just starting to look into it when Spencer called.  He must have been reading our minds.

He asked me to post their coordinates, which are:
29 degrees, 58 minutes North
55 degrees, 57 minutes West

They are motor sailing along at 10 knots, and are making about 240 miles per day.  He said that the seas were fairly rough the first few days, but are now just as flat as a lake.  He said it's beautiful, as they are just surrounded by serene and sunny waters.  I wonder if that's how Christopher Columbus must have felt on his Journey?  I suppose the earth might appear flat from that perspective.

He caught a cold from Harold, but is on the upswing.  He had taken along some old videos, and has been spending time importing them onto his new computer into iMovie.  So he actually has me and Apache along for the ride (and Jimmy Cat too!).  It'll be fun to see those videos when he gets home.

He said he'll try to call again, to keep us all posted. Lots of love to all.


No comments: