Thursday, June 11, 2009

Update from Shirley

(Victoria Posting ...) I heard from Captain Harold's wife Shirley by email last night, and she wrote:

"Hi Victoria! I heard from Harold today. They are having a great trip. Very little wind and uneventful... unless you count home-made cannelloni and tiramisu eventful! They are enjoying the new chef. As I'm sure you know, internet is down. They expect to be in the Azores on Saturday where they will refuel before continuing on to Palma and then to Dubrovnik. I hope you are doing well. All the best, Shirley."

Hopefully Spencer doesn't like the new chef's cooking better than mine! While Spencer's not a practicing vegetarian, since I cook most of the family meals, he doesn't eat much animal protein at all. Wonder how his digestive system is doing ... I'm happy at least the chef is Italian, so he might be getting food other than beef wellington and chicken cordon blu. Without the ability to run, I'm sure he'll have a few pounds to work off when he gets home! He said he would probably return to his yoga practice while on board to stay loosened up. He's been fighting some type of a muscle pull in the hernia area, so hopefully the rest will do him good, as he just couldn't seem to go a week without "a light jog" against doctor's orders.

Hopefully I'll hear from Spencer on Saturday so I can update with a first hand account. I wonder if the Azore's have a 3G network for his iPhone?

No comments: